May Day is coming, many friends are planning to travel, so now, I provide some travel English for our friends, Hope it's useful to you!
叫出租车
在酒店要taxi可以请酒店服务人员为你叫一辆:
Could you call me a taxi?
(请为我叫辆的士。)
或者直接打电话到出租车公司:
Can you send a taxi to State Hospital? I'll be waiting at the main entrance.
(请派辆的士到州立医院好吗?我会在大门处等候。)
如果在街上叫taxi,直接说:Taxi!(的士!)就可以了。上车以后,先告诉司机目的地:
City Hall, please.
(请到市政厅。)
或者说,
Please drop me off at Park Street.
(请让我在公园路下车。)
如果对路线熟悉可以告诉司机:
Can you take the Victory Bridge?
(请从胜利桥那条路过去。)
上车后,可以先问一下行车所需的时间:
How many minutes does it take to get to the Capital Airport?
(到首都机场要几分钟?)
如果赶时间需要催促司机快些开时,可以说:
Would you hurry, please?
(能不能快一点?)
Can you make it in five minutes?
(能否在五分钟内赶到?)
当然也可能会提醒司机小心驾驶:
Can you slow down a little?
(能否慢点开?)
或者,
I'm not in a hurry, so please drive slowly and carefully.
(我不赶时间,所以请小心慢慢开。)
如果越过了目的地,你可以说:
We missed it.Would you mind turning around?
(我们走过头了,请绕回来好不好?)
到了目的地后付车费时,你要说,
Please let me off here.How much do I owe you?
(请让我在这里下车。我该付你多少钱?)
通常要付些小费给司机。付小费的方式可以是:
Keep the change.
(不用找零钱了。)
Give me three back.
(找给我三块钱。)
即给司机的整钱比车费高(超过三块),而要求找回三块,请司机留下其余。 |