At the Jeweller's
585. Would you like jewellery？
586.Today is Mother's Day and all the jewellery is on sale at Rich's.
587. Do you have gold jewels？
588. Yes，we have 14K and 18K gold necklaces，chains and earrings.
589. May I have a look？
590. Sure. Here is a nice gold necklace.
591. Its regular price is＄56，and now you can have it witha twenty percent discount.
592. It's very elegant. I'll take it.
593. I want to buy some jewellery.
594. What kind of jewellery do you like to have？
595. I should like to look at some bracelets.
596. Pure gold or carats？
597. What's the price for this one？
598. How about five hundred dollars？
599. I'm sorry we only sell at fixed prices.
600. I wish to buy a diamond ring，too.
601. Is this one suitable for you？
602. No，it seems too old fashioned to me.
603. Let me try it on. Oh，it's too small for me，havent't you got any larger ones？
604.This fits me well，how much do you charge for it？
605. Is that a real string of pearls？
606. You may take it on my word，if you find out it is an imitation you may return it to me.
A：Can I help you，madam？
B：Yes. I'd like to buy some presents for my friends.
A：Would you like jewellery？ Today is Mother's Day and all the jewellery is on sale at Rich's.
B：That's great. Do you have gold jewels？
A：Yes，we have 14K and 18K gold necklaces，chain and ear-rings.
B：May I have a look？
A：Sure. Here is nice gold necklace. Its regular price is＄56，and now you can have it with a twenty percent discount.
B：It's very elegant. I'll take it.
A：All right. Is there anything else you want？
B：Will you show the that key ring？
A：Yes. Here you are.
B：It's very nice. Give me ten like this. I'm sure they will be good gifts for my friends in China
A：I want to buy some jewellery.
B：What kind of jewcllery do you like to have？
A：I should like to look at some bracelets.
B：May I show you gold ones or platinum ones？
B：Pure gold or carats？
A：Pure gold ones，please.
A：What's the price for this one？
B：Five hundred and fifty dollars.
A：How about five hundred dollars？
B：I'm sorry we only sell at fixed prices.
A：OK. . I'll take it. I want to have my initials engraved on it.
B：Oh，that can be done.
A：I wish to buy a diamond ring，too.
B：How many carats would you like it to be？
A：I want three carats.
B：Is this one suitable for you？
A：No，it seems too old fashioned to me.
B：What about this？
A：Let me try it on. Oh，it's too small for me，haven't yougot any larger ones？
B：Then you may take that one. It's very nice and latest in style.
A：This fits me well，how much do you charge for it？
B：One thousand and two hundred dollars.
A：It's too expensive，I can only pay you one thousand dollars.
B：I told you before，ma'am，our shop doesn't ask two prices.
A：Is that a real string of pearls？
A：Will you guarantee it？
B：You may take it on my word，if you find out it is an imitation you may return it to me.
A：What does it cost？
B：It costs three hundred dollars.
A：Good，I'll have it. Have you got any brooches？
B：With diamond，ruby or saphire？
A：Saphire，please，how much is it？
A：All right，how much will it be altogether？Please send it to my address，I'll pay the messenger on delivery.
B：Excuse me，ma'am. It's our rule never to supply goods cash on delivery.
A：Well then，I'll give you a check for the amount on the bank of China.
Words and Expressions
jewellery n. [总称]珠宝，珠宝饰物
jewel n. ①宝石②宝石珠物；贵重饰物
necklace n. 项圈
chain n. 链条；项圈；表链
earring n. 耳环，耳饰
discount n. vt. 折扣，打去（若干）折扣
bracelet n. 手镯
platinum n. 白金
carat n. 克拉（宝石的重量单位；等于二百毫克）
messenger n. 送信者；使者
brooch n. 胸针，饰针
ruby n. 红宝石