721. May I have the first dance？
722. I like the old styles of dance， such as fox－trot， waltz，rumba，tango and so on.
723.They're all so graceful.
724. Most young people like modern dances， such as rock and roll， the twist， and especially the break dance.
725. I like the elegant atmosphere of the old styles.
726. May I have the pleasure of there next dance？
727. I admire your gracefulness.
728.The lights are amazing and the music is wonderful，too.
729. I like rumba and jitterbug very much.
730. Which dances do you like best？
731. I like fast fox－trot and Viennese waltz best， but sometimes I like to dance disco and twist.
732.Tango is my favorite.
733. Have you ever tried break dance？
734. It's called la conga which is one of the most popular dances in South America.
735. Let's dance the disco.
736. I think I'll sit out the next dance， I'm tired.
737. We've really enjoyed ourselves and had a very pleas ant weekend night.
John：（To Lusy） May I have the first dance？
J：（They are talking while dancing. ）I know that you are a good dancer. What dances do you like？
L：I like the old styles of dance， such as fox－trot， waltz， rumba，tango and so on. They're all so graceful.
J： Why do you like the old styles of dance？
L：Why not？Is it strange？Do you think I should like modern dances？
J：I think so，because most young people like modern dances，such as rock and roll， the twist， and especially the break dance.
L：Oh，sorry，I don't rumba. Susan can do it well. Why no task her？
J： Yes，I will. Thank you.
L：You are welcome.
J：I admire your gracefulness.
L：That's very kind of you to say so.
（The music stops. ）
J：Thanks. I'll go ask her. （He leaves to find Susan. ）
L：（Smiles. ）Enjoy yourself！
（They drive to the dance hall， get off the car and walk towards the hall directly. ）
A：Here we are. Be careful. The ground is wet. It's just rained.
B：Yes， it feels a bit slippery. Come on，though. The band has already started. （After entering the hall， they get at able near the dance pool. ）
C：The place looks quite nice.
B：Yes. The lights are amazing and the music is wonderful，too. Hay！ Jack， what is this band called？
A：It's called New Waves. Recently came from Guangzhou.
B：Wonderful！ I like rumba and jitterbug very much. Susan，which dances do you like best？
C：Mmm… I like fast fox-trot and Viennese waltz best，but sometimes I like to dance disco and twist. And then，what about you， Jack？
A：Tango. Tango is my favorite.
B：Have you ever tried break dance？ I reckon it's very hard to dance.
A：Yes. But I'm quite interested in break dance.
B：What is that tempo called？
A：Oh， it's called la conga which is one of the most popular dances in South America.
C：Let's dance the disco. （After that）
A：Helen，shall we have a dance？
B：With pleasure. But I'm not a good dancer.
A：Susan，may I dance with you？
C：Sorry. I think I'll sit out the next dance， I'm tired.
B：（Looking at her watch…）Oh，it's late now. I reckon we'd better leave.
A：Ah，yes. Let's hurry. Do you enjoy tonight's dancing？
B＆C：（Saying at the same time） Thanks a lot， Jack. We've really enjoyed ourselves and had a very pleasant weekend night.
Words and Expressions
fox－trot n. 狐步舞
rumba n. 伦巴舞vi. 跳伦巴舞
tango n. 探戈舞
twist n. 扭摆舞
elegant a. 优美的，讲究的
atmosphere n. 气氛，环境
gracefulness n. 优美，雅致
slippery a. 滑的
amazing a. 令人惊异的
Viennese waltz 维也纳华尔兹舞
break dance 霹雳舞
reckon vt. 认为
tempo n. （音）速度；拍子
conga n. 康茄舞